What is an AIDS Walk & Run Team?
Fun, fellowship and fundraising! Forming a team is a powerful morale-builder for schools, companies, organizations, family or friends.
You can register a new team, or join an existing one. Teams can range in size from two to more than 1,000 walkers. Last year, teams brought in in 70% of the event’s total funds raised!
Earn The BIG Yellow Shoe!
Teams registering 10 or more participants OR with a team total of $1,000 or more will receive a highly-coveted BIG Yellow Shoe placard with your team’s name on it, and will also receive a shout-out during the opening ceremony. Consider making your recruitment goal 10 or more!
Team members can be registered for the walk or the run.
See the current team standings! Those who have 10+ team members or raise over $1,000 qualify for a BIG yellow shoe & shout-out during the opening ceremony!
Team Leader Resources
Download your Team Leader Kit – Get all the tips and ideas on recruitment and fundraising. The team leader kit covers all aspects of the walk and run. Get your questions answered!
AIDS Walk & Run San Diego Team Leader Workshops are a great way to meet and mingle with fellow Team Leaders! Learn about online fundraising and team recruitment. Share your success stories with your fellow team leaders! For more information about teams or to register for a virtual Team Leader Workshop (recommended!) contact us at (619) 692-2077 x144 or email@example.com.
When does it start?
We’ve revamped this year’s event so walkers, runners, volunteers, and community members can participate safely. And, of course, as enthusiastically as ever! Participants will have from Thursday, September 23 through Sunday, September 26 to complete AIDS Walk & Run San Diego, with with an in-person mask required community-wide opening ceremonies celebration on Saturday, September 25 opening at 8 AM with the opening ceremony program beginning at 9 AM at The San Diego LGBT Community Center! Whether you choose to run in your neighborhood or walk the traditional AIDS Walk route is up to you!
We’ve revamped this year’s event so walkers, runners, volunteers, and community members can participate safely. And, of course, as enthusiastically as ever! Sounds like you’re been to AIDS Walk & Run before! Because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the detail for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego 2021 are still in the works! Please check back soon for updated information!
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Programming will begin at 9:00 am
New for 2021, for those who are comfortable joining, we are adding a special in-person and masked outdoor community celebration opening at 8am. Programming will start at 9 am on Saturday, Sept. 25th at The Center.
This celebration will include live musical performances, recognition of top team and fundraisers, T-shirt distribution, booths featuring our event sponsors and funding recipients, a remembrance altar, and special remarks from our most committed community leaders.
Extra Mile Club
Did you raise $1,000 or more? You’ll receive a gold crown, shirts and star scepter! Due to the constantly changing circumstances with COVID-19, we will contact you with a distribution plan closer to the event.
What do we do after the walk and run?
If you are thinking about dining out, we’d love you to consider one of our amazing Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurant! Still can’t decide? Visit the “Dining Nearby” page on this website for a full list of Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurants that serve breakfast on Saturday.
How do I register?
- REGISTER ONLINE! Click the REGISTER tab in the menu above. You can form a team, join an existing team, or register as an individual.
- CALL (619) 692-2077 x144 to register with a credit card over the phone. Let us know if you want to join a particular team when calling.
- MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION check to PO Box 3357, San Diego, CA 92163
How do I raise money?
- Participants can establish a fundraising goal, personalize their donation page, and accept contributions from family, friends, classmates, coworkers, neighbors and more online.
- Runners and Walkers who have registered online have received an email containing a link to their personal donation page. The donation page allows registrants to establish a fundraising goal and accept donations online. To access your Fundraising Pages, CLICK HERE and then click “Login” in the top right corner. There you can edit your personal page, change your fundraising goal, and send emails to thank your donors.
- Funds raise by AIDS Walk & Run San Diego go to benefit HIV/AIDS Nonprofits in San Diego. Read more about these organizations here!
Is this a walk or a run?
It’s both! This year, AIDS Walk & Run San Diego is about getting out and getting active! Want to walk? Walk! Been thinking bout taking up running? Do it! We even have training plans available to help you get up and moving! (coming soon)
What is the Extra Mile Club?
Go the “extra mile” by committing to raise $1,000 or more for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego! The Extra Mile Club was created to recognize and honor our highest fundraisers. AIDS Walk Extra Mile Club members will receive a gold crown!
Help us reach our goal of 200 or more Extra Mile Club members who raise a minimum of $1,000!