What is an AIDS Walk & Run Team?
Fun, fellowship and fundraising! Forming a team is a powerful morale-builder for schools, companies, organizations, family or friends.
You can register a new team, or join an existing one. Teams can range in size from two to more than 1,000 walkers. Last year, teams brought in in 70% of the event’s total funds raised!
Top Team Tents, Meeting Stations & Yellow Shoes Too!
Teams registering 10 or more participants OR with a team total of $1,000 or more by 8:00 AM on Monday, September 24 will receive the highly-coveted yellow shoe placard with your team’s name on it. Those teams also get a “Team Meeting Station” on AIDS Walk Saturday. Consider making your recruitment goal 10 or more!
Team members can be registered for the walk or the run.
Teams that qualify and raise the most money in their division will receive a 10’x10′ team tent for gathering purposes on AIDS Walk Saturday the following year.
See the current team standings! Those who have 10+ team members or raise over $1,000 qualify for a yellow shoe & team meeting station!
Team Leader Resources
Download your Team Leader Kit – Get all the tips and ideas on recruitment and fundraising. The team leader kit covers all aspects of the walk and run. Get your questions answered!
AIDS Walk & Run San Diego Team Leader Workshops are a great way to meet and mingle with fellow Team Leaders! Learn about online fundraising and team recruitment. Share your success stories with your fellow team leaders! For more information about teams or to register for a Team Leader Workshop (recommended!) contact us at 619.692.2077 x255 or email@example.com.
Official Team Meeting Stations & Yellow Shoe Placards are available to teams that pre-register 10 or more participants, or with a team total of $1000 or more by Monday, September 23, 2019
What is a team meeting station?
- A team meeting station serves as your team’s pre-event meeting place and showcases your team as a top fundraiser
What is included with a team meeting station?
- half a 6’ table
- one chair
- one 11”x17” mounted team sign
- one Yellow Shoe placard
How do we find our team meeting station?
- Team meeting stations will be arranged alphabetically along Normal Street.
- Team names beginning with “The,” such as “The Center” will be alphabetized by the second word in the team name.
- Team names beginning with “Team,” like “Team Glitterati” will be located in the “T” section.
- Teams named after an individual, for example “John Doe” will be alphabetized by the first name.
Can we bring our own signs or banners?
- Hanging signs or banners in your designated team area is welcome, but anything requiring ground stakes is prohibited.
Can I bring handouts to pass out to AIDS Walk participants?
- No, we do not permit you to leaflet other participants.
Our team has T-shirts. Can you give them to our team members when they register?
- We are unable to distribute individual team T-shirts, but team meeting stations are a great location to hand out team T-shirts!
AIDS Walk volunteers will strike Team Meeting Stations immediately after the Walk steps off at 7:35 am. Please make sure to remove all personal belongings from your table or they will be discarded.