What is an AIDS Walk & Run Team?
Fun, fellowship and fundraising! Forming a team is a powerful morale-builder for schools, companies, organizations, family or friends.
You can register a new team, or join an existing one. Teams can range in size from two to more than 1,000 walkers. Last year, teams brought in in 70% of the event’s total funds raised!
Top Team Tents & Yellow Shoes!
Teams registering 10 or more participants OR with a team total of $1,000 or more will receive a highly-coveted (virtual) yellow shoe placard with your team’s name on it, and will also receive a shout-out during the virtual opening ceremony. Consider making your recruitment goal 10 or more!
Team members can be registered for the walk or the run.
See the current team standings! Those who have 10+ team members or raise over $1,000 qualify for a virtual yellow shoe & shout-out during the virtual opening ceremony!
Team Leader Resources
Download your Team Leader Kit – Get all the tips and ideas on recruitment and fundraising. The team leader kit covers all aspects of the walk and run. Get your questions answered!
AIDS Walk & Run San Diego Team Leader Workshops are a great way to meet and mingle with fellow Team Leaders! Learn about online fundraising and team recruitment. Share your success stories with your fellow team leaders! For more information about teams or to register for a virtual Team Leader Workshop (recommended!) contact us at (619) 692-2077 x144 or email@example.com.
When does it start?
We’ve revamped this year’s event so walkers, runners, volunteers, and community members can participate safely. And, of course, as enthusiastically as ever! Participants will have from Monday, September 21st through Sunday, September 27th to complete AIDS Walk & Run San Diego. Whether you choose to run in your neighborhood or walk the traditional AIDS Walk route is up to you!
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM
Extra Mile Club
Did you raise $1,000 or more? You’ll receive a gold crown, shirts and star scepter! Due to the constantly changing circumstances with COVID-19, we will contact you with a distribution plan closer to the event.
What do we do after the walk and run?
If you are thinking about dining out, we’d love you to consider one of our amazing Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurant! Still can’t decide? Visit the “Dining Nearby” page on this website for a full list of Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurants that serve breakfast on Saturday.
How do I register?
- REGISTER ONLINE! Click the REGISTER tab in the menu above. You can form a team, join an existing team, or register as an individual.
- CALL (619) 692-2077 x144 to register with a credit card over the phone. Let us know if you want to join a particular team when calling.
- MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION check to PO Box 3357, San Diego, CA 92163
How do I raise money?
- Participants can establish a fundraising goal, personalize their donation page, and accept contributions from family, friends, classmates, coworkers, neighbors and more online.
- Runners and Walkers who have registered online have received an email containing a link to their personal donation page. The donation page allows registrants to establish a fundraising goal and accept donations online. To access your Fundraising Pages, CLICK HERE and then click “Login” in the top right corner. There you can edit your personal page, change your fundraising goal, and send emails to thank your donors.
- sFunds raise by AIDS Walk & Run San Diego go to benefit HIV/AIDS Nonprofits in San Diego. Read more about these organizations here!
Is this a walk or a run?
It’s both! This year, AIDS Walk & Run San Diego is about getting out and getting active! Want to walk? Walk! Been thinking bout taking up running? Do it! We even have training plans available to help you get up and moving! (coming soon)
What is the Extra Mile Club?
Go the “extra mile” by committing to raise $1,000 or more for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego! The Extra Mile Club was created to recognize and honor our highest fundraisers. AIDS Walk Extra Mile Club members will receive a gold crown!
Help us reach our goal of 200 or more Extra Mile Club members who raise a minimum of $1,000!
What do I do on AIDS Walk Saturday?
And we’d love for you to attend out Virtual Opening Ceremony on Saturday, September 26th!