Frequently Asked Questions
When does it start?
We’ve revamped this year’s event so walkers, runners, volunteers, and community members can participate safely. And, of course, as enthusiastically as ever! Participants will have from Monday, September 21st through Sunday, September 27th to complete AIDS Walk & Run San Diego. Whether you choose to run in your neighborhood or walk the traditional AIDS Walk route is up to you!
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM
Tune in online on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/AIDSWalkSD
Extra Mile Club
Did you raise $1,000 or more? You’ll receive a gold crown, shirts and star scepter! Due to the constantly changing circumstances with COVID-19, we will contact you with a distribution plan closer to the event.
When do I pick up my attendee items?
Depending on the fundraising level earned, items may include: T-shirt, neck gaiter, chachki items, wand and crown. Pick up options include drive-thru or walk-up in The Center parking lot and will be contactless.
Friday, September 25 from 3 -7 PM at The San Diego LGBT Community Center
Saturday, September 26 from 8 AM – 1 PM at The San Diego LGBT Community Center
What do we do after the walk and run?
If you are thinking about dining out, we’d love you to consider one of our amazing Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurant! Still can’t decide? Visit the “Dining Nearby” page on this website for a full list of Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurants that serve breakfast on Saturday.
How do I register?
- REGISTER ONLINE! Click the REGISTER tab in the menu above. You can form a team, join an existing team, or register as an individual.
- CALL (619) 692-2077 x144 to register with a credit card over the phone. Let us know if you want to join a particular team when calling.
- MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION check to PO Box 3357, San Diego, CA 92163
How much does it cost to register?
Whether you walk or run, registration for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego 2020 is $35.
How do I raise money?
- Participants can establish a fundraising goal, personalize their donation page, and accept contributions from family, friends, classmates, coworkers, neighbors and more online.
- Runners and Walkers who have registered online have received an email containing a link to their personal donation page. The donation page allows registrants to establish a fundraising goal and accept donations online. To access your Fundraising Pages, CLICK HERE and then click “Login” in the top right corner. There you can edit your personal page, change your fundraising goal, and send emails to thank your donors.
- Funds raise by AIDS Walk & Run San Diego go to benefit HIV/AIDS Nonprofits in San Diego. CLICK HERE to read more about these organizations!
Is this a walk or a run?
It’s both! This year, AIDS Walk & Run San Diego is about getting out and getting active! Want to walk? Walk! Been thinking about taking up running? Do it! We even have training plans available to help you get up and moving! (coming soon)
What is the Extra Mile Club?
Go the “extra mile” by committing to raise $1,000 or more for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego! The Extra Mile Club was created to recognize and honor our highest fundraisers. AIDS Walk Extra Mile Club members will receive a gold crown!
Help us reach our goal of 200 or more Extra Mile Club members who raise a minimum of $1,000!
What do I do on AIDS Walk Saturday?
Sounds like you’re been to AIDS Walk & Run before! We’ve revamped this year’s event so walkers, runners, volunteers, and community members can participate safely. For AIDS Walk & Run San Diego 2020, participants will have from Monday, September 21 through Sunday, September 27. Walk around your neighborhood or come out to Hillcrest and complete the traditional AIDS Walk & Run San Diego route! If you do, you can expect to see mile markers, photo stops and some fun digital interactive elements that will help it feel a little more like the event we know and love!
And we’d love for you to attend out Virtual Opening Ceremony on Saturday, September 26th!
Tune in on our Facebook page at 10:00 AM: https://www.facebook.com/AIDSWalkSD
How do I find past donors?
How do I change my Facebook profile photo to one of the custom AWSD frames?
How do I share my completed route with friends, family, colleagues and community?
Share your route online by using the hashtags #AWSD & #AIDSWalkSD