Frequently Asked Questions
Location: San Diego LGBT Community Center
Thursday, Sept. 26 – Walkers only
3pm – 6pm (Drop off funds and pick-up shirt if you have raised $100 or more)
Friday, Sept. 27
Walkers: 12pm – 7pm
Runners: 4pm – 7pm
When does it start?
- RUN – 7:30 AM
- WALK – 7:45 AM
Opening Ceremonies – 7:00 AM
Extra Mile Club
Did you raise $1,000 or more? Visit the EMC tent and receive coffee provided by Starbucks and pastries provided by Bread and Cie. This is also where you’ll pick-up your gold crown, shirts and star scepter
What do we do after the walk and run?
Join us and dine out at one of our fabulous sponsor restaurants from Mo’s Universe Restaurant Group which include Urban Mo’s, Gossip Grill, Hillcrest Brewing Company and Baja Betty’s and insideOUT. Still can’t decide? Visit the “Dining Nearby” page on this website for a full list of Dining Out For Life® San Diego restaurants that serve breakfast on Saturday.
How do I register?
- REGISTER ONLINE! Click the REGISTER tab in the menu above. You can form a team, join an existing team, or register as an individual.
- CALL 619.692.2077 x255 to register with a credit card over the phone. Let us know if you want to join a particular team when calling.
- DROP OFF check or cash registrations to the reception desk at The Center, 3909 Centre St., San Diego, CA 92103 during regular hours: M-F, 9 am-9 pm or Sat., 9 am-7 pm.
How much does it cost to register?
Adult | 18-59
Seniors | 60+
Youth | 17 and under
How do I raise money?
- Participants can establish a fundraising goal, personalize their donation page, and accept contributions from family, friends, classmates, coworkers, neighbors and more online.
- Runners and Walkers who have registered online have received an email containing a link to their personal donation page. The donation page allows registrants to establish a fundraising goal and accept donations online. To access your Fundraising Pages, CLICK HERE and then click “Login” in the top right corner. There you can edit your personal page, change your fundraising goal, and send emails to thank your donors.
What is the Extra Mile Club?
Go the “extra mile” by committing to raise $1,000 or more for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego! The Extra Mile Club was created to recognize and honor our highest fundraisers. AIDS Walk Extra Mile Club members will receive:
- Gold Crown to wear at AIDS Walk for those turning in at least $1,000 by the event
- Invitation to Post-Walk appreciation event
Help us reach our goal of 200 or more Extra Mile Club members who raise a minimum of $1,000!
Can I get my t-shirt on AIDS Walk Saturday?
Walkers and Teams can pick up their t-shirts on Saturday, September 28th from 6:00 am – 9:00 am in the Center auditorium. Pick-up is also available on the designated pre-registration times at the top of this page.
How do I get my runner packet before race day?
Pre-event collection will take place on Friday, September 27th from 4-7pm at The Center, 3909 Centre Street, San Diego, CA 92103.
What do I do on AIDS Walk Saturday?
Check-in at Run or Walk Registration – Registration will be open from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. for walkers and teams to pick up t-shirts
- Turning in donations? Upon arriving at AIDS Walk & Run, check-in FIRST at either Run or Walk Registration (Located inside the Center). Team members should check-in at their Team Meeting Station after turning in any donations at registration.
- Run Registration and Walk Registration –is located inside The Center auditorium.
- Extra Mile Club will be located on Normal St.
Where do I park my car?
During AIDS Walk & Run San Diego, free parking is available at these locations — DMV Hillcrest, Alice Birney Elementary and San Diego Unified District Offices.
AIDS Walk Preparedness
- AIDS Walk will take place rain or shine. Dress in layers–walk mornings tend to be cool and warm up quickly.
- Wear sturdy, reliable shoes. Flip flops are not recommended.
- Apply and reapply sunscreen often.
- Hydrate! Water Stations are provided along the route.
Pet Rest Area
Bring your little buddy to AIDS Walk and they’ll enjoy some treats and water in a shaded area.
Sponsored by Traci’s Paws