Will you go the distance?
Go the “extra mile” by raising $1,000 or more for AIDS Walk & Run San Diego! The Extra Mile Club was created to recognize and honor our highest fundraisers.
“Who can join the Extra Mile Club?”
Anyone can join the Extra Mile Club! All we ask is that you raise $1,000 or more. The EMC recognizes individuals, not teams.
“That sounds like a lot of money. I’m not sure I can do it.”
This is why we started the club! We are aware of many walkers out there who want to raise a significant amount of money for AIDS Walk San Diego, but may not know where to start. The Extra Mile Club is designed to support you with unique fundraising ideas, phone and email support, and an email discussion group so you can brainstorm ideas with other EMC members.
“Why should I join the Extra Mile Club?”
Extra Mile Club members receive special incentives and bonuses not available to other walkers:
10 Simple Steps to Help You Raise Your $1,000 for AIDS Walk & Run
- Start by sponsoring yourself for $50
- Ask 2 family members to sponsor you for $50
- Ask 10 friends to contribute $20
- Ask 5 co-workers to contribute $20
- Ask 5 neighbors to contribute $20
- Ask 5 people from your place of worship for $10
- Ask 5 people you socialize with (yoga, Pilates, gym, etc.) for $10
- Ask your boss for a company donation of $50
- Ask 5 businesses that your company works with to contribute $40
- Ask 4 businesses that you frequent to donate $25